GhostBed vs Nectar
Last Updated: February, 2024
Please Note: This Post Contains Affiliate Links
Expand Table of Contents
If you're on the hunt for a medium-firm, budget-friendly bed that suits various sleep positions, you might be better off with the GhostBed or Nectar mattresses. Both of these beds contain foam layers that are well-known for providing excellent pressure relief, comfort, and support. But which one of the two is better for your sleep needs?
In this GhostBed vs Nectar Mattress review, we'll explore the GhostBed Classic vs the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress in great detail, highlighting their main differences and similarities to help sleep shoppers like you to make an informed purchase decision. We'll also talk about other GhostBed and Nectar mattress alternatives and share the results of our two-stage review process to give you a clear idea of which model is suitable for your needs.
Ghostbed vs Nectar Mattress Comparison
Firmness Levels to Choose From
GhostBed is running a sale, active today February 23, 2024!
This GhostBed Mattress is a latex bed with gel-infused memory foam that's well-known for its exceptional cooling and responsiveness. It also features a solid edge support system, making it an ideal alternative for couples and those who prefer sitting on the edge of the bed.
Mattress Construction & Performance
The GhostBed Classic is an 11-inch bed with quality latex and foam layers specially engineered for optimum body support, responsiveness, and cooling. At the top layer, you'll find an aerated synthetic rubber latex layer that relieves painful pressure points across the body. Underneath is gel memory foam that's comfortable, cooling, and absorbs pressure. This is followed by a high-density foam layer at the support core that makes the GhostBed Classic durable. A viscose and polyester blend fabric cover wicks away excess heat and moisture from the sleep surface.
We put the GhostBed Classic Mattress through numerous tests to assess its motion isolation, pressure relief, responsiveness, and more. Here's how it stacks up.
In terms of mattress firmness, the GhostBed Classic feels like a 6.5/10. Its thick comfort system offers the surface its plush feel. If you're a lightweight sleeper, you'll have to push deep into the surface before you hit the firmer support core.
While the GhostBed Classic has some bounce to it, it's not sufficient enough for co-sleepers. It doesn't isolate motion pretty well, and those who share their mattress are likely to disrupt each other at night.
For most back sleepers, this medium-firm bed will deliver the right amount of support, allowing your hips to sink into the surface without causing spinal misalignment. Stomach sleepers will also find the support they need under their midsection. We think this GhostBed Mattress isn't a great alternative for side sleepers. You may want to opt for a bed with a little more give.
We were slightly disappointed with the average pressure relief this mattress delivered. It was especially bad around my hip region and the shoulders of my partner. Its layers don't offer enough cushion to painful pressure points.
Sleepers who like the classic memory foam feel of traditional memory foam beds will find a lot to love about the GhostBed Classic. It is responsive enough to accommodate movement well, making it an ideal pick for sleepers who tend to change positions during the night.
The sturdy foam and latex construction of the GhostBed Classic ensures excellent edge support. We felt perfectly steady and well-supported as we sat in the corner and slept on the edge of the mattress.
Durability and Weight Limit
The GhostBed Classic is a durable and well-constructed bed with premium and high-quality layers. It should hold up pretty well for 8 to 10 years. When used with a strong bed frame, this GhostBed Mattress can support up to 750 pounds. If you're a heavyweight sleeper weighing over 300 pounds, we recommend opting for the king-size model.
GhostBed Classic Price & Offers
The GhostBed Classic is among the most affordable mattresses on our list. It's currently on a 50% off sale, so you can purchase the queen-size model for as low as $848.
When we first unboxed the GhostBed Classic, we noticed a faint off-gassing smell. While this might be slightly off-putting, the smell should completely dissipate in under 48 hours. Plus, all GhostBed Classic beds are chemical-free. According to the manufacturers, they never use any toxic chemicals in their production, and all the foam layers are CertiPUR-US certified.
Made in the U.S., the GhostBed Classic ships free to residents in the 48 continental states. GhostBed also offers white glove delivery and setup for a $199 fee. Each purchase comes with a 101-night sleep trial period that allows buyers to try their GhostBed mattresses and decide whether or not they want to keep them. If you find the mattress doesn't suit your needs, you’ll have to wait for at least 30 days to start the return process. A 20-year warranty covers the mattress against body impressions and cracks in the foam layers.
Nectar Memory Foam
Think the Nectar mattress is a good fit for you?
The Nectar Memory Foam is a medium-firm mattress with premium memory foam and a 7-zone support foam to provide excellent body support, spinal alignment, and motion isolation. It also boasts an open-cell foam for enhanced breathability.
Mattress Construction & Performance
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress boasts a soft and breathable plush cover that keeps the surface cool throughout the night. Its top comfort layer is infused with gel to neutralize excess heat. At the support core, you'll find Nectar’s adaptive memory foam designed to respond to the sleeper's changes in position faster than traditional foam.
Here's how this Nectar Mattress stacks up in terms of motion isolation, pressure relief, responsiveness, edge support, and more.
Nectar Mattress Firmness
The Nectar Memory Foam feels like a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. Unlike the GhostBed Classic, this mattress conforms more closely to the sleeper's body, making it ideal for back and stomach sleeping.
For couples seeking excellent motion isolation, the Nectar Memory Foam is the better choice, thanks to its thicker foam layers. Its 7-zone support foam is also ideal for minimizing motion transfer across the sleep surface.
The medium firmness level of this Nectar Mattress, coupled with its pressure-relieving features and responsive surface makes it a perfect match for back, side, and combination sleepers. We found it to offer excellent lumbar support and a hug-like sensation while back sleeping. Switching to our sides, we felt minimal pressure on our hips and shoulders, which means the Nectar Mattress is also a good choice for side sleepers. We didn't find the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress supportive enough for stomach sleepers.
Both the GhostBed Classic and the Nectar Mattress deliver good pressure relief. However, it comes down to the sleeper's preference and preferred sleep position. Unlike the GhostBed Classic, Nectar's softer foam construction enables it to minimize strain on the side sleeper’s painful pressure points.
We tested Nectar's responsiveness by pressing down on the uppermost layer and removing our hand to see how quickly it returns to its original shape. Generally, the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress features decent responsiveness, making it a great alternative for active couples.
The Nectar Foam Mattress features a sturdy support system that enhanced edge support when we sat and slept along the perimeter of the mattress. Sleepers shouldn't have to worry about rolling off the bed while sleeping around the edges.
Durability and Weight Limit
The Nectar Memory Foam is specially designed to retain its shape and form for years to come. You should expect to use it for about 10 years without losing its structural integrity. According to the manufacturers, the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress can support about 650 pounds (325 pounds on each side of the bed for a queen-size model).
Nectar Price & Offers
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress usually goes for $1,099 for the queen-size model. Its current 40% off sale makes it an affordable alternative as you can now purchase it for as low as $659.
We found this Nectar Mattress to have a mild smell when we unboxed it. This is a normal process and the odor should dissipate within 2 - 3 days. We recommend ventilating the room to expedite this process. Sensitive sleepers will be glad to know that all Nectar Memory Foam mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified, which means they meet rigorous standards for durability and emissions.
This U.S.A.-made mattress ships free throughout the continental United States. The company offers white glove delivery and old mattress removal services for an additional fee of $45 for each added item set up and $149 for white glove delivery. Unlike GhostBed, Nectar offers a year-long warranty that starts after the break-in period. Shoppers can return or exchange their mattresses for free at any point during this trial period. You'll receive a forever warranty that covers your bed for as long as you own it.
GhostBed vs Nectar: Which Mattress is Best for You?
Purchasing a new mattress can be quite intimidating. Where do you start from when there are countless quality options available? Well, for starters, one thing you need to keep in mind is that every sleeper has a unique mattress need and preferences. Plus, there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to purchasing the best mattresses. All things come down to vital factors like:
- Your sleep position
- Your weight
- Whether you sleep hot or cold
- Health issues like sciatica
Other vital factors that can influence your sleep experience include the type of pillow and bed base you're using. If you've recently undergone a medical procedure, you may want to go for an entirely different type of sleep surface, from what you'd normally settle for. Make sure you consider all these factors when choosing between the GhostBed Classic vs Nectar Memory Foam Mattress.
Other GhostBed Models to Consider
If this GhostBed Mattress doesn't seem like a suitable pick for your unique needs, we've got other great GhostBed models for you. For enhanced cooling, consider the GhostBed Luxe Mattress. For pressure-relieving comfort, choose the GhostBed Flex. And if you're a combination sleeper, the GhostBed 3D Matrix might work best for you.
Tired of waking up in a pool of sweat at night? The GhostBed Luxe is your holy grail. Considered the coolest mattress in the world, the GhostBed Luxe boasts the Ghost Ice technology that absorbs excess heat upon contact.
GhostBed Luxe Best Features
- The GhostBed Luxe Mattress boasts a medium firmness that's best suited to side sleepers. Its memory foam layers cradle painful pressure points, while its firmer support foam layer keeps the spine lifted in alignment.
- This GhostBed mattress could be a winner for hot sleepers who need a bed that sleeps cool. It features numerous cooling features, including cooling gel memory foam, a unique Ghost Ice, and a cooling cover, making it one of the best mattresses for hot sleepers who prefer memory foam.
- This mattress features the Ghost Bounce foam and contouring gel memory foam that offer a touch of pressure relief and spinal support making this mattress an ideal pick for back sleepers.
- The GhostBed Luxe has all the advantages of memory foam, including pressure relief, close body contouring, and maximum spinal support. This makes it the best choice for memory foam fans.
- This mattress' plush comfort layer does an excellent job of dissipating pressure around painful pressure points.
- The GhostBed Luxe has an above-average edge support, so you shouldn't slip off when you sleep near the edge of the mattress.
The GhostBed Flex delivers a perfect mix of cushioning, mobility, and pressure relief that's ideal for back and side sleepers. Its medium-firm feel hugs and contours the unique shape of the sleeper's body while offering solid support.
GhostBed Flex Best Features
- The GhostBed Flex offers side sleepers much-needed cushion, thanks to its 3-inch comfort foam.
- With gel memory foam, a cooling cover, and breathable innerspring coils, the GhostBed Flex boasts all the cooling technologies needed to prevent heat retention.
- Most back sleepers will really appreciate Flex's balanced feel. Its support coils keep the body lifted, as the memory foam layers cushion painful pressure points.
- The comfort layers in the GhostBed Flex cushion pressure points as the coils in the support layer promote proper spinal alignment, making it a great choice for back sleepers with back pain.
- The GhostBed Flex Mattress features firmer and sturdier coils around the perimeter to enhance the bed's edge support.
- Combination sleepers will love how the Flex quickly responds to changes in sleep position and keeps them lifted on the surface.
This advanced cooling hybrid mattress is specially designed with combination sleepers in mind. It features a dense and responsive Ghost Bounce layer that makes it easy to change sleep positions.
GhostBed Matrix Best Features
- The innerspring unit inside this mattress offers superior edge support and minimizes motion transfer.
- GhostBed's patented Spirited Edge is good at keeping the perimeters of the bed stable and comfortable.
- The GhostBed 3D Matrix comes with advanced cooling technology and a cooling gel polymer, making it a good alternative for hot sleepers.
- The GhostBed 3D Matrix features foam layers that quickly adapt when you change sleep positions. Combination sleepers should have a good night's sleep as they reposition at night.
- Couple will also really like the GhostBed 3D Matrix. Its top foam layer dampens and dissipates motion through the entire surface.
- The classic memory foam feel of GhostBed's foam layers cushions the body of side sleepers and relieves pressure around sensitive body parts.
Other Nectar Models to Choose From
While the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is a great choice, it's not the best pick for everyone. If you're into hybrid mattresses, you can opt for the Nectar Hybrid. For comfort upgrades and overall body support, consider the Nectar Premier Copper. If you often sleep with your partner, the Nectar Premier might suit your needs.
Tired of waking up at night due to your partner's movements? The Nectar Premier might be all you need. Its base layer comprises 7 inches of sturdy and supportive conventional foam that promotes motion isolation.
Nectar Premier's Best Features
- The Nectar Premier’s foam layers offer enough body contouring and painful pressure point relief for side sleepers.
- Nectar Premier’s gel-infused memory foam layer does an excellent job of filling in the lumbar region for additional pressure relief.
- This mattress uses plenty of thick foam layers to offer the hug-like feel memory foam lovers are looking for.
- Nectar Premier's gel memory foam is designed to keep you from disturbing your partner when shifting positions.
- Nectar's unique construction offers the perfect amount of pressure relief, providing sufficient support to give you an even sleep surface.
- This mattress also hugs the sleeper's body contours and relieves painful pressure points, making it a good fit for sleepers with back pain.
Nectar Premier Copper
If you're on the hunt for a luxurious memory foam bed with standout contouring capabilities, the Nectar Premier Copper Mattress might be all you need. It also incorporates several features aimed at preventing heat retention.
Nectar Premier Copper's Best Feature
- Nectar Premier Copper has 4 inches of memory foam to offer excellent pressure relief.
- This mattress' thick comfort layers offer exceptional motion isolation, making it a great choice for those who share their mattresses.
- The Nectar Premier Copper features gel-infused foam and a copper-infused cover to help dissipate heat.
- This mattress' transition layer and medium-firm rating offer decent support.
- The transition layer of the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress and its medium firm rating offer decent pushback, making it easy to change positions while sleeping.
- Nectar's medium-firm feel keeps the spine aligned while offering some cushioning to the lumbar region of back sleepers.
The Nectar Hybrid adds a sturdy coil support system to the flagship Nectar for a more supportive feel that's ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers.
Nectar Hybrid Best Features
- This mattress features reinforced edges, making for great edge support.
- The Nectar Hybrid features a cool-to-the-touch cover and a coil support system that promotes maximum airflow to keep hot sleepers from sleeping hot.
- The memory foam layers in the Nectar Hybrid offer great motion isolation, making it a great option for couples.
- The foam layers in the Nectar Hybrid Mattress do an excellent task of keeping pressure off the sleeper's hips and lower back.
- This budget-friendly hybrid mattress boasts excellent edge support. It also creates a perfect bounce to make it easier to move around on the surface.
- Pressure relief on this hybrid bed is excellent. The combination of the comfort foam and the medium firm feel creates enough pressure relief that back sleepers would love.
Overall, GhostBed and Nectar mattresses are both quality foam beds that suit most sleep positions. Most GhostBed mattresses are firmer, cooler, and bouncier than Nectar models, making them a perfect match for back sleepers, hot sleepers, and stomach sleepers. On the other hand, the Nectar mattresses are softer, more isolating, and conforming than GhostBed versions, making them good alternatives for lightweight sleepers, couples, and side sleepers.
Both mattresses boast reliable and efficient customer service, making it easy to get in touch with them. You can always contact them via email or chat with a human through their websites anytime you need help. Plus, they come with generous sleep trial periods and warranties, not to mention free shipping and returns. Ultimately, the best bed for you between the two depends on your preferred sleep position, personal preferences, and budget.